To vote for your favourite carx
The new dress code for Indian roads
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NAME FOR INDIA'S FIRST KIA
The eye-catching Kia SP Concept looks like a dream, doesn't it? What if you had a chance to drive away with this bold and stylish SUV? Here's an opportunity to make your wish come true and own this stunning beauty.
Fame for Name Contest
We are looking for an original & cool name for India's first Kia, the SP Concept for which we were fortunate to have received thousands of name suggestions for across India. We’re now looking forward to your support in making a right choice!
So, vote for your favourite car name and get a chance to win exclusiva Kia Merchandise. VOTE HERE
More about the SP Concept SUV
Kia Motors has always been the leader in delivering high power vehicles around the world. Kia Motors India (KMI) will make its Indian market debut with the SP Concept car. Inspired by Indian heritage and driven by advanced technology, the Kia SP Concept is a masterpiece.
This Concept SUV is a testament to the quality and solidity of Kia's engineering. Bold and stylish with majestic looks and a superior driving experience, the concept car combines beauty with technology wrapped in world-class engineering and design.
Terms & Conditions
About Competition: Kia Motors India Private Limited, an Indian Subsidiary of Kia Motors Corporation, having its headquarters at Seoul, South Korea, brings a crowdsourcing online and offline based competition, based on selection of a name of a concept car starting Feb 7, 2018 to June 20, 2018 by people of Indian origin. The first set of names will be shortlisted by Kia Motors Corporation’s management, which will compete amongst each other. Basis the name which gets maximum online votes, the same will be used in India and may be used Globally by Kia Motors Corporation and the one whose name wins the competition will be offered the Kia SP Car (with name and specifications as per the final product that goes on sale in India) subject to certain terms and conditions as set out hereunder, as and when released by Kia Motors India.
About Kia Motors India: Kia Motors India is a subsidiary of Kia Motors Corporation, whose registered office is Door No 27-42-5, M G Road, Governorpet, Vijayawada – 520002, Andhra Pradesh, India. Kia Motors India Private Limited and its parent company shall together be called the organizer of the contest.
- Promotion of this competition is valid throughout India – all Indian states.
- The date of participation in the competition is from February 7, 2018 to June 20, 2018.
- The participant who registers for the competition will have to share the email id and working mobile number. However, for participation, the participant will not have to pay any money or purchase anything.
- The competition is open to all Indian citizens above 18 years of age, having a valid driving license for a four-wheeler, residing in India except the employees and the family members of the Organizer, its associate companies, its advertising and promotional agencies, distributors, Banking or Finance helpers, and its Auditors and their associate companies (‘Participant’).
- The competition is being conducted and promoted under the supervision of a panel of experts drawn from the Organizer and Innocean Worldwide Communication Private Limited (its Marketing Communications partner). Their associates, employees and family members are barred from this competition as stated in clause 5.
- To participate:
In order to participate, the Participant is required to:
- Log on to www.fameforname.com
- Enter your Name, Valid Email Id and Valid Mobile Number and upload a duly signed copy of any government document for age proof and a duly signed copy of a valid driving license for a four-wheeler issued by any Regional Transport Officer in India;
- Submit a name. A name once submitted cannot be changed, modified, removed in any way.
- The name submission will happen in Phase 1 of the competition dated February 7, 2018 to 28 February 2018.
- No entries for Phase 1 shall be accepted after 23:59:59 P.M of 28th Feb, 2018.
- Phase 2 will have an onset from the May 21, 2018, where the same website www.fameforname.com will host the shortlisted names.
- The names shortlisted by the panel of experts shall be final and binding on all.
- Phase 2 will have people voting for the name they feel should win and will continue till June 20, 2018
- To vote for the car name, the participants will have to login through one of their social log-ins (Facebook, Twitter or Google). Voting can be done by non-participants also.
- The name which gets maximum votes will be used as Kia’s official SP Concept Car’s name in India, as and when launched by Kia Motors India.
- The name which gets maximum votes could also be used as Kia’s official concept car’s name at a global level, as and when launched by Kia Motors Corporations and its various affiliates across the globe.
- In case the winning name by voting in Phase 2 is found to have been submitted by more than one participant, the name of only one participant will be chosen by way of a draw of lots, in presence of experts from the Organizer and the concerned participants during the launch event of the car. Before the draw of lots, all such participants who submitted the winning name will be contacted by the Organizer and will be required to verify their details (mobile number, e-mail ID, driving license, Aadhaar card) with supporting documents. The participants will have to submit the documentary proof and details within 7 working days failing which their entries will be held ineligible, summarily dismissed and will not be put up for draw of lots.
- The name giver (winner of contest), whose name will be used for Kia’s SP Concept car, will be announced only during the Official Launch of the Kia SP Concept Car in India.
- The name giver (winner of contest), who’s name will be used for Kia’s official concept car will win the car as a gratification after the launch of the car subject to fulfillment of the terms as set out herein. Kindly note that the winner will not have any option to exchange the gratification/prize with any other substitute including cash or value in cash thereof and no request of any nature in this regard shall be entertained. Kindly further note that this is not a game of lottery or chance but involves use of brain to think and coin a unique name for concept car.
- The winning name shall become the property of the Organiser globally or its successors or assigners thereof. The Organizer will have the right to attach a prefix/suffix to the winning name or make minor alteration in the winning name after the contest.
- All the names that go live for Phase 2 will also become the property of Kia Motors Corporation globally or its successors or assigners thereof. The Organiser has the right to attach a prefix/suffix to the submitted name or can use these names in the future.
- The prize/car awarded to the winning participant shall be deemed as the consideration for assigning all the rights including Intellectual Property rights for the name to the organizer by the participant and the winner shall execute such documents as may be required by the Organizer for effecting such assignment. The participants shall have no right to ask for any cash consideration for providing the winning name.
- All the shortlisted names for Phase 2 shall be deemed as the consideration for assigning all the rights including Intellectual Property rights for the name to the organizer by the participant.
- The winning participant by acceptance of the prize shall renounce all his/ her rights over winning name and assign them irrevocably and unconditionally to the organizer.
- All the participants whose names have been shortlisted for Phase 2 shall renounce all his/her rights over winning name and assign them irrevocably and unconditionally to the organizer.
- Canvassing in any form by any participant shall lead to the disqualification of the participant.
Terms for Participation
- By participating in this competition, the Participant agrees, acknowledges and consents to the Organiser recording these name, mobile number and Email ID for future reference and use, at its sole discretion.
- The name selection is standard for all participants. The process followed by the organizer in this regard is final. The participant cannot insist on checking the selection procedure or through an attorney.
- Each participant is authorized to submit only 1 entries – via the website www.fameforname.com
- Prize: The Organizer will give the Kia SP Car (with name and specifications as per the final product that goes on sale in India), as and when released by Kia Motors India, subject to terms as set out herein below.
- For Prize:
- The Organisers will take out one winner out of all valid entries using their discretion as claimed above.
- All taxes (including gift tax), custom duties, registration charges on the Prize will have to be paid by the winner. It is clarified that the claimant will be required to submit a demand draft of the amounts as applicable towards Registration and other charges. More details are provided in the following paragraphs. It is clarified that in case the claimant is unable to provide this demand draft in terms of undertaking given post Phase 2, the Organizer shall have the discretion to forfeit the offer of prize.
- The valid entries received till 11.59:59 P.M till February 28, 2018 will be considered for the Prize.
- The participant with the highest vote during Phase 2 will be considered as the claimant for the prize, or will go through the draw in case of multiple people submitting the same name, as pointed out in point 12 or clause 7.
- In case of a tie/multiple participant having the same vote, the claimant would be randomized by the Organizer by adopting such method as may be deemed appropriate by them and the same shall be final and binding and cannot be questioned in any court of law.
- The decision of the Organizer shall be final and no further communication will be entertained.
- The winner should be above 18 years of age and possess an appropriate and valid driving license for driving a four-wheeler in India. A learners’ license will not be considered for this purpose. The driving license as required should be available at the time of claiming the prize, grace time to procure a license is at the discretion of the organizer.
- Organizer shall not be liable for any complaints regarding the quality of the prizes.
- The choice of colour and make of the Car/Prize is at the discretion of the Organizer. It is clarified that in case the Winner wants a higher model of the car/Prize, he/she will have to bear the applicable differential price of the same.
- In case the participant wishes to contact the Organiser for any reason whatsoever, the contact should be made only with the consumer relations department of the Organiser (through the official website, social media or other official channels). Any attempt to contact any officer of the organizer or any of the organizers agencies/its personnel would not be entertained and could lead to the claim of the participant being rejected.
- One valid mobile number and email id can be used to enter the competition.
- One mobile number /person/participant will be entitled to win only one Prize throughout the Promotion Period. After winning one Prize, the subsequent entries from the same participant will not be considered.
- All users participating in this Promotion, whether directly or indirectly, will waive conditions of DND registration and the Organiser shall not assume any responsibility in this regard. The users / participants could also be contacted anytime through voice calls, SMS or email id for campaign updates and participation during the duration of the promotion.
- Organiser does not guarantee delivery of SMS or Email Id and are not responsible in case the SMS or Email Id does not reach the specified number due to any reason, including network problem in case there needs to be a communication.
- General conditions for redemption:
- The participant will have to mandatorily present the Driving license and Aadhaar Number to the Organizer when requested. In case the Driving license or Aadhaar Number is not presented, lost, misplaced or mutilated, the organizer would be within his rights to forfeit the prize, without any further communication to the participant.
- All KYC documents submitted towards verification shall become the property of Organizer.
- After verification, the prize winner will be informed about the entire process of redemption of the prize.
- In addition to other documents including copy of the PAN card/original form 60, the winners will have to present one government issued photo identity and address proof at the time of redemption of the Prizes. These include Voter ID Card, Passport, Driving License (for driving a 4-wheeler) /or identity card issued by the Government of India.
- The Organiser will not be responsible for any loss or damage of the prize, once claimed by the winner.
- The issuance of any other prize is at the sole discretion of the Organizers and is subject to change without notice in any form of what so ever manner.
- The offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Organiser will not be liable for any loss of data due to server issues and other technical faults that may come up.
- The participants are debarred from using any mechanical system/software to send random multiple entries for the contest. In case any such attempt gets known to the organizers, the entries/claims of such participants would be cancelled without any communication to such participants.
- The participants are debarred from using any mechanical system/software to get more number of votes for the contest. In case any such attempt gets known to the organizers, the entries/claims of such participants would be cancelled without any communication to such participants.
- Entry sent by the Participants which do not comply with these terms and conditions will be rejected. Organizer reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any such entry at any time.
- Organizer assumes no liability or responsibility for (i) any errors, omissions or inaccuracies of content or submissions, (ii) personal injury or property damage of any nature resulting from your access to, your exposure to or your participation in the promotion. (iii) Any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information that may be contained therein. (iv) Any deletion of data or interruption or discontinuance of transmission to or from or through the Promotion.
- The Winners will be contacted by the representatives of the Organizer on the contact details provided by him/her along with their respective entries. The Winners will be contacted 3 times over a period of 48 hours to inform him/her of the win. In the event that the Winners are not contactable in 3 attempts, the Organizer shall be at a liberty to forfeit the prize entirely. In this regard, the decision of the Organizer shall be final and no communication will be entertained. The organizer would maintain technical/manual logs/details of all communications made with the claimants of the top prize of Car. These records would be considered final and binding for all purposes. By participating in this promotion, the Participant agrees, acknowledges and consents to the Organizer recording these calls / conversations for future reference and use, at its sole discretion.
- For the purpose of the promotion the person who owns the phone number used for participation in the promotion would be considered as the claimant and not the person using the phone in case the two are different. Also, the organizer can ask for proof of ownership of the participating phone. In case of postpaid numbers the proof would include the last bill received by the participant. In case of prepaid number, a letter/documentary evidence from the service provider would be required. Letters or documents from agents or cell phone retailers will not be accepted.
- The Organizers will contact the Winners on the mobile number through which they participated in the competition. However, at the time of redemption of the prize, in addition to a valid driving license for a four-wheeler (for Prize), the Winner will be required to submit verification documents like proof of ID, Address, Age, copy of PAN card/Form 60 and any other document(s) as required against a receipt and verify the claim before redeeming the Prize.
- For the Prize: at the time of calling in the claimants to collect details, the organizers’ backend would confirm if the claimant has a valid driving license to drive a 4-Wheeler with gear. The claimant should be careful in providing this information. In case the backend is informed by the claimant that he/she does not have the said license, the claim would be forfeited or will be passed on to another participant without any further communication with the claimant. The Organizers shall have the sole discretion in this regard.
- No Prize can be redeemed if the claim is not lodged by the claimant, within the stipulated period. Lodging of claim will mean submission of all documents, demand draft and details as required for audit purposes. The details maintained by the organizer for claims lodged by the participants will be considered as final. No communication would be entertained beyond this period. Also, the organizer would be under no obligation to inform the participants whose claims cannot be processed because of the delay in lodging them.
- Notification of the Winners’ status must be kept confidential until the Winners are publicly revealed by the Organizers, else the Winners’ prize will be forfeited.
- At the Organizers’ request, Winners must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography)surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and he/she consents to the Organizers for using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event the Winners (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in promotional material or in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome , and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Organizers.
- The Prizes are non-transferrable, non-refundable; and no cash payment will be made in lieu thereof.
- The Organizers shall not be liable for any tax implications including, registration charges, insurance charges Road tax etc. and / or any further cost implications that may be applicable for the redemption of the Prize and the same shall be borne by the winners only. The winners will also have to bear incidental costs, if any, that may arise for redemption of the Prize (collectively or individually). All taxes/levies and charges on prizes will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Taxes as applicable will be deducted at the source for all prizes or shall be deposited in advance by the winner and he/she shall produce proof of tax deposit/registration charges before claiming the prize. In case the winner of the Prize is unable to deposit such charges within five (5) days of learning about the Prize, the Organizer shall forfeit the prize entirely.
- The organizer would be considered to have adequately informed the winner about deposit of tax/registration charges if the organizers backend is able to connect with the winner over a phone call. The time of Five (5) working days would be calculated from the time of the first contact.
- Winner would have to produce a bank draft for the amount of Tax/ gift tax/registration charges (rates as applicable in the respective state where the Claimant resides) in the name of “agencies/authorities which will be provided later to the Claimant. The winner will have to send a scanned copy of the said documents to the organizers backend to fulfil requirements of proof of tax payment/registration charges before the end of the Five (5) day period mentioned above. It is clarified that submitting this amount is extremely crucial to claim the prize. In case, a claimant is unable to produce this bank draft or refuses to pay the applicable tax/gift tax/registration charges, the Organizer will be at the liberty to forfeit the prize. The records/details maintained by the organizer would be considered final for this purpose.
- Organizer shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to Act of God, Governmental actions, other force majeure circumstances and shall not be liable to pay any amount as compensation or otherwise for any such loss.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change/modify/or withdraw the Promotion without any prior notice of the same at its sole discretion. The Organizer reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions without any prior notice
- Any decision of the Organizer with respect to this promotion shall be final and no communication in this regard shall be entertained
- By participating in the promotion, each Participant specifically accepts as follows (a) that he/she has fully read and understood all the terms and conditions and be unconditionally bound by them b) that he/she satisfies the eligibility requirements under the T&C c) that he/she unconditionally accepts the winner so selected d) that he/she shall honor all decisions of Organizer with regard to the promotion and its interpretation and not challenge them (e) to comply with all Central, State, Local Laws and Regulations.
- Any dispute arising from the conduct or execution of this promotion or any dispute regarding the interpretation or enforcement of the terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts situated in New Delhi
All questions, differences or disputes arising out of this agreement or any matter connected thereto arising between the parties or their respective representatives, whether as to construction or otherwise shall be at the first instance resolved by discussion and consent of the parties. Any dispute not resolved by the parties amicably within 30 days of such disputes, shall be referred to arbitration of a sole neutral arbitrator to be appointed by the Organizer. The provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 or any re-enactment or statutory modification thereof for the time being in force shall be applicable for settlement of the dispute. The decision of the sole neutral arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi and the language of arbitration shall be English.
Jurisdiction and Governing Laws:
Subject to the above Clause on Arbitration, the Parties hereto unconditionally and irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Competent Courts in New Delhi, India.
The terms of this Agreement and the performance here under shall in all respect be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of India.